Alarming: Over 900 Cases of Violence Against Women and Children Reported in Four Months

Over 900 cases of violence against women and children were reported to the Sindh police in the first four months of this year, according to a report by the Sustainable Social Development Organization (SSDO).

The report highlights that these numbers may be even higher due to social taboos surrounding reporting such cases. In particular, 529 women were kidnapped during this period, and domestic violence cases reached 119. Additionally, there were 56 cases of rape and 37 cases of honor killing.

The districts of Karachi Central, Hyderabad, and Keamari emerged as hotspots for violent crimes against women. Regarding violence against children, sexual violence was the most prevalent, with 67 reported cases. The report emphasizes the need for increased attention and action from the government, police, and judiciary to ensure the safety of all citizens, particularly women and children.


Man Sentenced to Death for Raping Daughter in Sialkot District

In a case from Narowal, a man has been sentenced to death by an additional district and sessions judge for raping his own daughter in Bani Silharian village, Pasrur tehsil, Sialkot district.

The incident was reported by the victim’s mother on June 21, 2022, leading to the registration of a police case against the suspect, Nazim Ali. The District Police Officer, Muhammad Hasan Iqbal, promptly responded, arrested the accused, and conducted the investigation.

Nazim was found guilty and sentenced to death by Pasrur’s Additional District and Sessions Judge, Umar Farooq Khan. The court also ordered the convict to pay a fine of Rs0.5m or face an additional six months of imprisonment if the fine is not paid.


Body of a 13-year-old girl found hanging from a tree in Hyderabad

The body of a 13-year-old girl, who had gone missing earlier, was discovered hanging from a mango tree in the village of Qaim Babbar on the outskirts of Hyderabad. The girl, identified as Nisha Kolhi, was allegedly raped and murdered. Initially, some relatives prevented the family from reporting the incident to the police, causing a delay in the investigation.

However, a preliminary report has been sent to the inspector general of police, and a five-member investigation committee has been formed. The suspects are currently in police custody and undergoing questioning. The incident has prompted condolences from Hyderabad Mayor Kashif Shoro, who promised full support and a swift pursuit of justice.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here