STRENGTHENING THE JUSTICE SYSTEM
- Dialogue with Women in Field of Law: Opportunities and Challenges
- Upholding the Rule of Law
FREEDOM OF CONSCIENCE, RELIGION, BELIEF AND EXPRESSION
- Censorship and other Curbs on Electronic and Print Media
- Social Media and Freedom of Expression
- Religious and Ethnic Minorities under Siege in South Asia
- Selective Accountability? Legislative, Judicial & Executive Failure
- Silencing Civil Society: Curbs on CBOs, NGOS, and INGOs
RIGHTS OF THE CHILD
- Protection of Children from Exploitation and Denial of Justice
EQUAL ACCESS TO LAW IN SOUTH ASIA
- Human Rights crisis in Jammu and Kashmir
- Conflict in Afghanistan: Impact on the Rights of Women and Minorities
- Politics Inspire Art and Art Inspires Politics
- Fighting the Culture of Shame and Silence – Violence Against Women
- Strengthening the Legal Constitutional Framework for the Federation and Pluralism
- Economic and Social Inequality
- Unwrapping State Discourse: National Security, Identity and Nation Building
- Former – FATA Post Merger
Speakers at the Asma Jahangir Conference 2021 – Challenges to Human Dignity raised alarm over the crumbling humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan, and appealed to Pakistan and the international community to push the Afghan Taliban to ensure rights and dignity to Afghan women and girls.
Panelists called for amendments to rules and laws that ensure increased participation of women in the legal profession, transparency in the process of appointment of judges to the higher judiciary, and personal accountability in courts and bar rooms.
Even Jinnah, who is normally considered a liberal politician, was confused about the place Islam would have in the new state he was founding. “Jinnah talked about inclusion and exclusion at the same time,”
Speaking on the lack of implementation of rape laws, panelists at the Asma Jahangir Conference 2021 – Challenges to Human Dignity held that there is a need to recontextualize rape as an exercise in power rather than simply a sexual crime, and called for removal of hurdles to implementation of existing anti-rape laws.
Judges, lawmakers and child rights activists at AJCONF 2021 noted that children are not afforded a role in the laws and justice system meant to facilitate them in the session Role of Children in Family Proceedings.
AJCONF - 2019 Media Coverage
Excellencies, Honourable Justices, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen, It is a privilege to join you on this auspicious occasion. Allow me to express my appreciation...
LAHORE:Ajoka Theatre’s play “Saira Aur Maira” which enthralled the audience this weekend was in fact a tribute from Asma’s daughters to their mother, an...
(Webdesk) – The two-day first Asma Jahangir “Justice for Empowerment Conference”, organized at Lahore’s Avari Hotel from Oct. 13-14, 2018 was concluded with a...
LAHORE: Speakers in a session at the Asma Jahangir Conference on Sunday prescribed respect for the 18th Amendment and provincial autonomy that it provides,...
LAHORE: “We have created two Pakistans – one for the masses and the other for the elite,” says economist Kaiser Bengali. The elite class has...
LAHORE: Speakers at the Asma Jahangir Conference here on Sunday termed the current accountability law in vogue in the country a bad piece of...
LAHORE: The two-day ‘Asma Jahangir Conference 2019 – Roadmap for Human Rights’ concluded here on Sunday. At least 120 international and national intellectuals, jurists, politicians,...
LAHORE: The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leaders said they have to decide whether the country should be run...