Terrorism charges against man who cooked wife’s corpse

Mobina Town police on Thursday registered a first information report (FIR) under terrorism charges against a man accused of murdering his wife and then cooking her body a day prior.

The incident took place in the early hours of Wednesday morning in the servant quarters of a school in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, where the suspect Ashiq Husain was employed as a security guard.

The case was registered on the complaint of Syed Mushtaq Hussain, a brother of victim 36-year-old Nargis, under Section 302 (punishment for murder) of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) and Section 7 of the Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA).

According to the FIR, Syed Mushtaq received a call while at work from his brother that their sister had been killed. Upon reaching the scene, he found that the police and an Edhi ambulance were already present. He stated that he saw Nargis’s body in a cookpot on the stove and a severed leg on the floor.

His 16-year-old niece, who had dialed the police emergency helpline number 15, told responders that an argument had broken out between her parents, following which the suspect murdered Nargis at around 3 am, Wednesday.

While investigations are ongoing to determine the motive behind the murder, various media reports claim the incident came about as a result of Ashiq’s suspicions that his wife was having an affair, or that the argument had been over Nargis’s demands to change their residence. However, none of these claims have yet to be confirmed.

Furthermore, initial investigations revealed that the victim had been stabbed dead, while earlier media reports quoting the couple’s children indicated that she had been suffocated with a pillow.

According to Mushtaq, Nargis was married to their cousin Ashiq 22 years ago and settled in Karachi with their six children.

Police have taken three children in custody, while the suspect managed to escape with the remaining three.

Missing minor Hindu girl turns up in shelter

A 12-year-old Hindu girl, who was reportedly kidnapped by unknown persons some ago, was returned to her parents through a court order on Thursday after it emerged that she was residing in a shelter home.

The girl went missing from outside her home in Rehmat Colony, Rahim Yar Khan, on July 9. After failing to find her on their own, the girl’s family approached the B-Division police station. Officials informed her parents that she had been sent to the Dar-ul-Aman, but refused to divulge any further details.

The family then turned to a local Hindu elder, Guru Sukh Dev Ji, who enlisted the aid of activists to file a habeas plea in the court. On Thursday, a civil judge ordered that the minor be returned to her parents.

According to police, the girl had eloped with a Muslim boy whom she wanted to marry, and had approached the B-Division police station in this regard. The matter was taken up with a magistrate who ordered that the minor be shifted to the Dar-ul-Aman where she remained for five days. 

Police nab gang wanted for rape, murder 

Muzaffargarh police on Thursday arrested five men for gang-raping a woman in her home, and murdering a young man in separate incidents last month.

In the first incident, the suspects on June 13 attempted to steal transformers from a fish farm at Mauza Tabi Bhattian and after failing to do so barged into the home of a labourer. The gang reportedly held the labourer at gunpoint and gang-raped his wife in front of their three children. They then fled after snatching the woman’s jewelry and some household items.

The next morning on June 14, the suspects harassed a girl in a street in Khangarh. Her father Abdul Shakoor, brother Ghafoor and one Muhammad Hussain arrived on the scene and got hold of one of the suspects on his motorcycle. However, the pillion opened fire on the men, killing Ghafoor and critically injuring the other two.

Three girls missing from Dar-ul-Aman

Brewery police have yet to trace three girls who escaped from the Dar-ul-Aman in Quetta two days ago, however a female warden has been arrested in connection with the incident.

The girls, who hail from Quetta, Duki and Loralai, were residents of the shelter for the past month. They had been shifted there on the orders of judicial magistrates after they had been taken into custody by the police in different cases.

The girls had managed their escape by scaling the boundary wall of the facility.

Taking notice of the incident, Parliamentary Secretary on Information and Social Welfare Bushra Rind ordered the constitution of a committee, spearheaded by the Secretary of the Social Welfare Department, to submit an inquiry report within three days.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here