Labourer chained, beaten by brick kiln owner freed

Hujra Shah Muqeem police recovered a labourer who had been chained to a tree at a brick kiln near Panj Pir village in Okara, and arrested the kiln’s record keeper after a video of the victim being tortured by the owner went viral on social media.

According to the SHO, the victim, Ahmed, took a day off during Eid holidays and upon his return was tied to a tree and mercilessly beaten. He was left there under the hot sun. A case has been registered.

Couple stuffs minor’s body in freezer after accidental murder

Police retrieved the body of a five-year-old girl who had been accidentally killed by her grandaunt in Islamabad’s Azeem Town some days ago, it was revealed on Saturday, May 15.

According to reports, the girl went to her paternal uncle’s house on April 29. On the day of the incident, her grandaunt slapped her over a minor issue, knocking the girl into the wall. The child began profusely bleeding from her nose and mouth, and subsequently died. The woman and her husband attempted to hide the body in a deep freezer. A few days later, the couple’s daughter happened upon the corpse and began screaming, alerting neighbours who then informed the deceased girl’s father.

Police stated that the victim’s father was offered a house by his uncle in exchange for not reporting the incident to the police. The girl was later secretly buried in their native town in Gujar Khan. However, an informant on May 12 tipped off the police about the incident. After recording eyewitness statements from neighbours, police were able to detain the woman’s husband who confessed to the crime while the prime suspect is still at large.

A case has been registered against the couple for murder.

Two including minor arrested for raping 13-year-old girl

Samanabad police arrested two brothers, one of whom is a minor, for repeatedly raping their 13-year-old relative and leaving her pregnant.

According to the girl’s father in his complaint to the police, the incident occurred some two months back. She had left home to buy groceries when the accused, one of whom is 18 and the other 14, assaulted her. The rape survivor’s father claims she had been repeatedly raped and threatened into silence by the accused.

However, it was only recently that the girl developed health-related issued. Upon a checkup with a doctor, it was revealed she was pregnant at which the girl informed her parents of the incident.