Man kills wife, sister-in-law for ‘honour’ in Jacobabad

A resident of Thul in Jacobabad on Friday night, April 16, shot dead his wife and sister-in-law for allegedly having illicit relations. Police were alerted to the crime when a neighbour alleged having heard gunshots from the suspect’s home. Upon arrival, police detained the man and confiscated his weapon. The suspect confessed to murdering both women for so-called honour during interrogation – meanwhile, the deceased have been shifted to the Thul Civil Hospital for autopsy.

Brick kiln owner bludgeons minor in Mirpur Khas

A seven-year-old girl was seriously injured when a brick kiln owner bludgeoned her with a metal tool on Sunday, April 18. The incident took place at a brick kiln within the limits of the Jhuddo police station in Mirpur Khas. Meena often aided her parents who make clay bricks at the site.

On the day of the incident, the girl’s father Prem Kohli alleged that the brick kiln owner flew into a rage and attacked the girl, and later pressured him not to lodge a complaint. Kohli has appealed to the higher authorities for justice.

Fraud faith healers murder toddler in Muzaffargarh

A three-year-old girl succumbed to injuries sustained during torture at the hands of two women masquerading as faith healers on Saturday, April 17. The incident took place at Shah Jamal village in Muzaffargarh.

According Umera’s father Muhammad Ejaz, who had been away during the ordeal, told police that his daughter fell ill on April 12 and was taken to faith healers Rukhsana and Zulkha by his wife and mother. He alleged that his daughter was tortured at the hands of the accused women, and that she later died as a result of her injuries.

Moreover, Ejaz claimed that when his wife and mother demanded Umera’s body, the accused claimed the corpse was possessed and convinced them to return home emptyhanded. Later, the faith healers returned the deceased toddler and urged the family to bury her at midnight to avoid a curse.

Ejaz stated that he came to know of this ordeal after he returned home. Police have registered a case against the accused faith healers.