Rights Watch | 7th December 2020

7 year old boy raped and then stabbed, dies while receiving treatment at Jinnah Hospital in Lahore. The minor had gone missing from his home in Green Town on Sunday morning, and was abandoned in critical condition at the hospital by an unidentified man.


Boy raped, stabbed to death in Lahore

A seven-year-old boy admitted to Jinnah Hospital Lahore succumbed to the stab wounds he had sustained following a sexual assault on Sunday, December 6.

The victim had been picked up from his home in Maryam Colony on Madar-i-Millat Road, Green Town on Sunday morning, following which a missing complaint was registered with the police. Meanwhile, the minor was admitted to Jinnah Hospital in critical condition by an unidentified person, who alleged the boy had been injured in a traffic accident. The man then reportedly escaped.

The boy eventually succumbed to his injuries and then later shifted to a morgue, where he was identified as the missing child. An autopsy confirmed sexual assault, and determined that the victim’s wounds were the result of being stabbed with a sharp blade rather than a traffic accident.

Initial investigation points toward the victim’s neighbour whose whereabouts are currently unknown. Investigation currently ongoing.

Women claiming public spaces

An increasing number of women in South Punjab cities are applying for motorcycle licenses, with 64 such licenses issued in October alone, state officials of the Traffic Police Licence Branch.

Meanwhile, in Karachi, an all-women five-kilometer marathon Women Power Run organized by local racing group Born2Run Pakistan was held in DHA Phase 8 on Sunday. Around 50 participants between the ages of 13 and 60 attended the first-of-its-kind race, with one Haani Mazari placing first.

Trans woman allegedly raped in Peshawar

Peshawar police have registered an FIR against unidentified men for abducting and gang-raping a trans woman in Peshawar’s Chamkani area on Sunday. The complainant said she was on her way back from an event she had attended when a group of unknown men forced her into their car and assaulted her. She stated that the assailants chopped off her hair and stole her cellphone before gang-raping her in the moving car. She was then abandoned near Chughal Pura.